This course provides hands-on training in Axure RP 9 for desktop browser Web experiences.
You will learn key concepts and skills such as page interactions, best-practice use of masters, widget libraries, dynamic panels, styles and prototyping best practices.
Each technical skill is taught within the context of a ‘real-life’ UX design scenario.
What we cover on Day 1
- Introduction to the Axure workspace.
- Prototyping best practices.
- Paragraphs and adding text links
- Default and custom libraries.
- Publishing and sharing prototypes.
- Interaction Styles
- Using Masters for header, footer and other key re-usable elements for rapid prototyping.
- Interactive prototyping: hotspots, links, hiding and showing page elements, animation, lightbox popups, mega menus and more.
- Introduction to Dynamic Panels as the cornerstone of interactive prototyping
- Axure forms: Designing a Contact Us, Search and Sign in experience.
- Dynamic panels for carousel sliders.
What we cover on Day 2
- Advanced dynamic panels for mobile navigation and swipe-based gesturing.
- Mobile “on-device” prototyping setup and management.
- Build a mobile search experience
- Using the Repeater widget for search and list page prototyping
- Responsive prototypes for Desktop, tablet and smartphone using Adaptive views.
- Advanced form design techniques for mobile prototypes: Selection groups, custom styles and interactive events.
- Creating interactive User Task Flows with Axure
- Embedding audio and video files.
- Advanced animations and transitions for touch-based prototypes.
- Introduction to conditions and variables for adaptive, multi-device product emulation.
$875 (incl. GST) / attendee.
Please get in touch for group discounts or if you prefer to pay by invoice
Mike Feghali is a senior UX professional having managed small and large design and research teams over the last 15 years. His design and research portfolio lists some of Australia’s best-known digital experiences including Channel 10, Westpac, Greater Bank, Transport for NSW, CBA, Stayz, Optus, Taste.com.au and hipages.
Mike has been an Axure user since 2008. He was a founding lecturer for Torrens University’s post-graduate UX programme.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
Please bring your laptop. Let us know if you don’t have one and we’ll make sure we secure a loan laptop for both days