At the very centre of user experience design is the content. Users seek out content to achieve their goals. Interactivity, (despite the often over-emphasis on technology, animations and platforms) is just the vehicle that we use to deliver what users need: content!
From content strategy, to navigation design, through to search experiences: Information Architecture (IA) is critical to usable and engaging user experiences.
This course covers the required learning and skills for discovering, designing and testing information architecture. This 2-day bootcamp is ideal for anyone looking to build foundational IA skills. Suitable for Producers, UX designers, Business Analysts, Copywriters and developers.
You will learn
- Introduction to Information Architecture (IA), its origins and many benefits.
- The central role of IA in experience design, way finding and content strategy.
- Converting user stories into a content strategy.
- Content inventories: No guts no glory!
- Primary content entities and their attributes: Identifying and designing the “atoms” of your content.
- Testing IA using open and closed card sorting.
- User-centred navigation design: The View, Do and Who principle.
- Testing navigation using Tree studies.
- Expert Navigation reviews using the navigation stress test.
- Understanding and designing a Search experience.
- Designing a pervasive and multi-channel IA for every touchpoint in your customer’s journey.
- Open workshop: applying the learnings from course when you get back to your organisation or project.
$875 (incl. GST) / attendee.
Please get in touch for group discounts or if you prefer to pay by invoice
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
Please bring your laptop. Let us know if you don’t have one and we’ll make sure we secure a loan laptop for the day