1-day intensive that introduces attendees to WCAG 2 compliance, accessibility testing techniques and how to use a screen reader to test websites. Taught by a senior Accessibility Consultant, you’ll learn industry-relevant skills and techniques.
1-day intensive (Classroom: 9am – 4pm. Online: 4 x 1.5 hour sessions)
You will learn
- Digital Accessibility overview in Australia
- Demonstration of inaccessible Vs. accessible products
- Designing for all abilities
- Understanding and navigating WCAG 2
- Common tools for evaluating accessibility
- NVDA Screen Reader fundamentals
- Information Architecture: a critical requirement for Semantic HTML
- Accessible Web Forms and Notification techniques
- Introduction to Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA)
- PDF accessibility
- Open workshop: Inclusive Digital Product Management, Design and Delivery. Simple techniques for accessible products
$860 (incl. GST) / attendee.
Please get in touch for group discounts or if you prefer to pay by invoice
Mike Feghali has provided Accessibility testing and advisory for clients such as Afterpay, Westpac, Wisr, Greater Bank, St George, Destination NSW, and Rabobank. He is an advocate of Semantic HTML and inclusive UX Design and Research.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
Please bring your Macbook or Windows laptop. Let us know if you don’t have one and we’ll make sure to find you one on the day