1-day intensive that covers the essentials of Sketch from basic to intermediate level. Taught by a senior Digital Designer, you’ll learn real-life learn skills and techniques for desktop and mobile UI design.
You will learn
- The role of Sketch App in UX Design
- Overview of the Sketch app workspace
- Working with objects
- Artboards and Pages
- Essential Keyboard-shortcuts for rapid wireframing
- Using Layouts and Grids for responsive design
- Working with Sketch Libraries
- Practical techniques for working with Styled Text
- Getting to know Shapes
- Designing standard UX patterns in Sketch – Home, List and Detail page wireframes
- Using Sketch to apply the key elements of digital design: Colour, typography, imagery and texture for finished UI mockups
- Using Symbols for reusable design assets
- Patterns for navigation design.
- Using Sketch for UX communication artefacts such as sitemaps and user flows
- Icon creation and the use of Sketch as a vector tool
- “Developer-friendly” exporting practices
- How to create clickable prototypes from your designs.
- Open workshop
$440 (incl. GST) / attendee.
Please get in touch for group discounts or if you prefer to pay by invoice
Daniel Williams is the Head of UX at CTM. He is a gifted design teacher who currently lectures at Torrens University’s post-graduate UX programme while also being a leading designer and Sketch enthusiast.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
Please bring your Macbook (note that Sketch does not have a version for Windows). Let us know if you don’t have one and we’ll make sure to find one on the day