This course teaches the knowledge and skills to run usability testing sessions and accurately measure and report the findings and recommendations.
The course will be held at Expiriti UX’s office in Sydney which includes a usability lab, 2-way mirrored observation room and eye tracking equipment that students will use as part of the training.
You will learn about the different types of usability testing as well as which scenarios are conducive to each type.
What we cover on Day 1
- Introduction to usability testing and its role in product and service design.
- Formative Vs. Summative usability testing (and when to use which).
- Workshop: Creating usability test scripts for objective, accurate and insightful results.
- Recruiting and screening respondents for your testing sessions.
- Measuring UX with usability testing: Single Ease Question (SES), error rates and completion scores.
What we cover on Day 2
- Combining generative and qualitative research with usability testing.
- Workshop: Setting up your own usability lab for desktop or mobile interface testing.
- Remote usability testing techniques.
- Eye tracking for usability testing.
- Compiling a Usability Testing Results, Findings & Recommendations Report.
$875 (incl. GST) / attendee.
Please get in touch for group discounts or if you prefer to pay by invoice
Mike Feghali is a senior UX professional having managed small and large design and research teams over the last 15 years. His design and research portfolio lists some of Australia’s best-known digital experiences including Channel 10, Westpac, Greater Bank, Transport for NSW, CBA, Stayz, Optus, Taste.com.au and hipages. He was a founding lecturer for Torrens University’s post-graduate UX programme.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
Please bring your Windows laptop or Macbook. Let us know if you don’t have one and we’ll make sure we secure a loan laptop for both days