This course introduces the theory and practical skills required for UX researchers and service designers.
The course is ideal for anyone looking to gain a working knowledge of UX research, or apply it to a new or existing product or service.
Each theoretical module is followed by a practical workshop or activity where you will put the learning into practice. Attendees will also have the opportunity to use the in-house research lab and recording equipment for their mock interviews.
You will learn
- The origins and benefits of user research.
- Introduction to Qualitative research methods
- User interviews using the dBAG (Demographics, Behaviour, Attitudes, Goals) framework.
- Learn how to complete a Heuristic Competitor Analysis.
- The importance of Contextual Enquiry (field research).
- Qualitative (small sample) audience segmentation.
- Customer Journey Mapping.
- Waivers, opt-in forms and other document templates needed when researching users.
- Workshop: How to ‘do user Research’ with limited budget and project approval. Students will have the opportunity to share the challenges in their own career situations for consulting user research, where the instructor will assist in share their experience for introducing user research in diverse environments.
$660 (incl. GST) / for classroom attendees
Please get in touch for group discounts or if you prefer to pay by invoice/direct deposit.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
Please bring your laptop. Let us know if you don’t have one and we’ll make sure we secure a loan laptop for you.